School Council takes place every Thursday. It is an opportunity for pupils to come together and share ideas about our Academy. We value the opinions of everyone in our school and School Council meet to represent the views of all pupils.
All members of School Council were asked to apply for their position explaining why they thought School Council was important and what they could contribute to our school.
The School Council consists of two representatives taken from Aardvarks, Giraffes, Meerkats, Lemurs, Antelopes, Owls and Lions.
Already, during our first half term, School Council have been involved in:
- Updating our School Council board
- Organising our Remembrance Day Collective Worship
- Sharing fundraising ideas for Children in Need
- Decorating lots of ‘spotacular’ cakes for Children in Need
- Preparing a ‘Suggestions book’ for each class to keep in their classrooms
In the next few weeks, School Council will be thinking about:
- Saying ‘STOP’ to bullying
- Our goal posts and our adventure playground
- TT Rock stars
- The Golden Mile
- Pupil Perceptions about Homework
If you have any ideas for School Council, don’t forget to add them to your Class School Council book or tell your class representatives.