“Be the best you can be”
“Live life in all its fullness” (John 10:10)
We line our school vision with the Church of England. The vision is deeply Christian, with the promise of Jesus of ‘life in all its fullness.’ We believe that each learner is created by God and is unique and special. Our vision is rooted in the idea that everyone as a child of God should be supported and encouraged to flourish and reach their full potential.
By exploring the parable of ‘The Good Shepherd’ we can think more about the vision of ‘life in all its fullness’. Just as the Good Shepherd knows and LOVES each of his flock, we want to know each of our children and their unique and individual qualities showing RESPECT and COMPASSION. We aim that like the Good Shepherd, we ensure each of our flock reach the best pastures where they are able to ‘Thrive’. Just as the Good Shepherd PERSEVERED to look for his ‘Lost Sheep’ we aim to nurture and support those who may find things difficult and share together when we achieve great things.
As staff, parents and governors we have a RESPONSIBILITY to be loving role models and like the Good Shepherd reassuring and protecting our children to feel safe, have high ASPIRATIONS and flourish as individuals in our school community and beyond. With this in mind we want our children, staff and families to ‘be the best they can be’ and live ‘life in all its fullness’ (John 10:10)
- Life in all its fullness through positive and loving relationships with compassion and respect for ourselves and others;
- Life in all its fullness through persevering and growing as learners;
- Life in all its fullness through a knowledge rich curriculum with high aspirations;
- Life in all its fullness through a sense of community and responsibility;
- Life in all its fullness through spiritual development.
Our vision is brought to life in our school through our Christian values of Respect, Responsibility, Compassion, Perseverance and Aspiration.